by Ladylove May B. Baurile
Los Baños organized a month-long celebration of the Yuletide season and this year’s Bañamos Festival. Activities lined up for Paskuhan sa Bagong Los Baños are as follows:
- Marian Convention (Dec. 6)
- Dia Agua Santa: Elejer and Fluvial Float (Dec. 7 )
- Musikohan and Fiesta ng Bayan (Dec. 8)
- Himigsikan (Dec. 9)
- Miss Los Baños Talent Night (Dec. 12)
- Miss Los Baños Swimsuit Competition and Make your Move Dance Competition (Dec. 13)
- Los Baños Idol (Dec. 14)
- Miss Los Baños Coronation Night (Dec. 15)
- Grand Revelry (Dec. 16)
- Kasalang Bayan (Dec 17)
- Barangay Trade Fair (Dec. 7-16)
“Kahit na lately merong mga calamities, kahit na maraming nangyari sa Los Baños, atleast ma-feel ng mga tao na yung Christmas nandyan parin,” explains Municpal Tourism Officer KC Manaquelod.
Paskuhan sa Bagong Los Baños is part of the town’s Bañamos Festival, an annual festival that used to be celebrated in September. This year’s celebrations were moved to December as the local government focused on providing assistance to the flood affected barangays of Tadlac, Mayondon, Malinta, Bambang, Bayog, and Baybayin.