by Albert John Enrico A. Dominguez
Last March 6, 2018, the University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB) held its 109th foundation day at the Charles Fuller Baker Hall. During the celebration, outstanding researhers, teachers, extension personnel, teams, and administrative staff were also recognized.
The program was opened with the entry of colors of the UPLB Corps of Cadets and followed by the Invocation and Philippine National Anthem by the UPLB Chorale Ensemble. After that, Dr. Fernando C. Sanchez, UPLB Chancellor, and Hon. Danilo L. Concepcion, UP President, gave their remarks.
After the opening remarks, the 2018 awarding ceremonies proceeded. The list of awardees are as follows:
Outstanding Researchers, Extension Personnel, and Program/ Team
- Jason R. Albia (Natural Science, Junior Faculty Category)
- Eldrin DLR. Arguelles (Natural Science, Junior REPS Category)
- Karen P. Quilloy (Social Science, Junior Faculty Category)
- Antonio G. Lalusin (Natural Science, Senior Faculty Category)
- Dinah Pura T. Depositorio (Social Science, Senior Faculty Category)
- Glenn N. Baticados (Extension Personnel)
- Fruit and Shoot Borer Resistant Eggplant Research Team
- National Crop Protection Center Quick Response Team
- Michelle Grace V. Paraso (Biological Sciences, Senior Faculty)
- Katrina Joy M. Abriol-Santos (Physical Sciences, Senior Faculty)
- Benjamina Paula G. Flor (Social Sciences and Humanities, Senior Faculty)
Outstanding Administrative Staff
- Adora M. De Castro (Technician/ Craftsman Category)
- Divina B. Padua (Office Personnel Category)
- Jenette Lory P. Tamayo-Estabillo (Office Supervisor Category)
The event concluded with Prof. Julieta A. Delos Reyes, asst. to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, delivering the closing remarks for this year’s UPLB Foundation Day.