with reports from Jesus Araneta
During his 7pm Ulat sa Bayan Facebook Live, Mayor Caesar Perez confirmed the first COVID-19 death in Los Baños. Mayor Perez explained that the information was relayed to him at around 5pm earlier today by Municipal Health Officer Dr. Alvin Isidoro.
According to Mayor Perez, the information that reached his office about the patient’s travel history indicated that last March 11, the patient travelled from Baclaran to Sta. Cruz and on March 16, the 69-year old went to Quiapo.
He emphasized that even before receiving the results from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM), the local government has set measures in preventing the spread of COVID-19 such as the disinfection of the patient’s household and putting the patient’s family under house quarantine with provisions of food and other essential supplies.
Los Baños COVID-19 PUI and PUM Monitoring
As of March 25, Perez reported that Los Baños has 42 PUI and 273 PUM cases recorded. Based on the Municipal Health Office records, the barangay level number of cases are as follows:
- Anos – 4 PUI, 11 PUM
- Bagong Silang – 0 PUI, 0 PUM
- Bambang – 4 PUI, 10 PUM
- Batong Malake – 14 PUI, 32 PUM
- Baybayin – 0 PUI, 2 PUM
- Bayog – 1 PUI, 13 PUM
- Lalakay – 1 PUI, 14 PUM
- Maahas – 4 PUI, 26 PUM
- Mayondon – 4 PUI, 39 PUM
- Malinta – 0 PUI, 36 PUM
- San Antonio – 5 PUI, 24 PUM
- Tadlac – 0 PUI, 2 PUM
- Timugan – 2 PUI, 4 PUM
- Tuntungin-Putho – 3 PUI, 60 PUM
Los Baños “Ligtas Ang Bayan Laban sa COVID-19 (L.A.B.)” Initiatives
In his Ulat sa Bayan, Mayor Perez also reminded the Los Baños residents of the policies implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the municipality:
1. Issuance of one Los Baños-wide uniform quarantine pass The issuance/distribution of the home quarantine pass is ongoing. The residents are to coordinate with their respective barangays for securing the Los Baños unified quarantine pass.
2. Setting up Libreng Sakay pick-up points. Los Baños has stopped the operations of tricycles effective March 24 (Tue). To aid residents in securing their essential supplies, six major Libreng Sakay routes were set up and will be using the municipal FVs and e-trikes. The Los Baños LGU hired tricycle drivers to man the transport vehicles for the Libreng Sakay routes.
Summary of Libreng Sakay Pick-up Points
I. ALONG LOPEZ AVENUE
1. EL DANDA
2. CENTTRO MALL
3. VEGA MALL
II. CROSSING TO BAYOG SILANGAN
3. PRINCE SPRING SUBD
4. BAYOG ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
5. BAYOG BARANGAY HALL
6. DULONG SILANGAN
III. CROSSING TO MAYONDON TO KANLURAN BAYOG
3. PRINCE SPRING SUBDIVISION
4. MAYONDON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
5. MAYONDON BARANGAY HALL
6. MAYONDON BASKETBALL COURT
7. LARC PUMP STATION
IV. BAYBAYIN TO ACACIA, MAYONDON
1. GEN. PACIANO RIZAL PARK
2. LSPU LIBRARY
3. MALINTA BARANGAY HALL
V. BAYBAYIN TO BAMBANG
1. CAMP SACAY (Former Camp Eldridge)
2. BAMBANG BARANGAY HALL
3. BAYBAYIN BARANGAY HALL
4. GEN. PACIANO RIZAL PARK
VI. 7-11 MAAHAS TO TUNTUNGIN PUTHO:
1. 7-11 MAAHAS
4. PLEASANT VILLAGE
5. TUNTUNGIN-PUTHO BARANGAY HALL
3. Disinfection of areas frequented by Los Baños residents.
4. Limiting the operations of the Los Baños public markets from 5am to 2pm.
5. Monitoring of Facebook accounts spreading “fake news” or post inciting panic or violence.
6. Addition of 15 army personnel to help the Los Baños police. Mayor Perez requested Los Baños residents to be respectful of LGU personnel and volunteers manning the different checkpoints in the municipality.
To conclude the March 25 Ulat sa Bayan, Mayor Perez called on all residents to follow the national and local measures set in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 “…Ang inyo pong pakikiisa ay lubhang napakahalaga sa mga pagkakataong ito…“